PDA

View Full Version : Migrating to a new webhost

Neuro Toxin
11-07-2016, 07:06 PM
First I would like to say thanks to our valued TokenStash members.

After the recent banwaves I've raised enough funds to migrate to a new webhost. I've purchased two
years of hosting and am working towards migrating asap to the new host. Through the migration I plan
to have 0 downtime to ensure our members wont be effected.

The migration will take place through a couple key phases as outlined below.

1. [COMPLETED] Transfering the current web systems and testing them on the new host.
- This phase will keep the current site / host active until I'm confident everything works as intended.

2. [COMPLETED] Transfering the databases to the new host.
- This should take only minutes and TokenStash features will be disabled during the transfer.
- The old site will use the new sites databases and will be very slow

3. [COMPLETED] Switching name servers to the new host.
- This will take a couple of days for the new DNS to propagate through the web.

Once the migration is completed the public TokenStash database will be no longer accessible for the updater
plugin and users will be required to update their database.cfg files to gain connectivity to the new host.

I will place an announcement on the TokenStash site to advise existing members they will be required to update
their database configurations.

Majki
12-07-2016, 01:21 AM
You will need to change something in the file database.cfg?

Weeb
12-07-2016, 03:47 AM
No, they will update the DNS so that csgo.tokenstash.com works just as before.
However, you may want to hide your username/pass mate.

Neuro Toxin
12-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Nice signature! :D

Neuro Toxin
14-07-2016, 11:37 PM
I've completed phase one of the migration: "Transfering the current web systems and testing them on the new host.
- This phase will keep the current site / host active until I'm confident everything works as intended."

Keep your eyes on the notices over the next couple of days.

Mufin™
15-07-2016, 07:21 PM
crap just when i installed all the plugins so i can change tokens really fast bc im leaven for a month and will not have ftp access.

also your website blocks me too i have to use a vpn to log on it

Neuro Toxin
15-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Once the migration is completed you shouldn't have to use a VPN to access TokenStash.

Neuro Toxin
16-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Migration completed.

You might get the old site for a couple of days with the DNS updates.

VirusX
23-07-2016, 04:25 AM
In one of Your post You promise decrease prices for tokens. Actually two of our communities spend ~60AUD each per month for tokens and it's pretty much, we can't afford it any longer. Can we expect change of the prices?

mufin
23-07-2016, 11:34 AM
i find the the prices fine.

only reason why i have removed all the plugins is i cant do this every 2 days.

fuck you valve you win...

but tokenstash was 100% awesome fast and easy to make new tokens

Neuro Toxin
23-07-2016, 01:32 PM
In one of Your post You promise decrease prices for tokens. Actually two of our communities spend ~60AUD each per month for tokens and it's pretty much, we can't afford it any longer. Can we expect change of the prices?

Currently the pricing will remain for now (besides the recent quantity increases/discounts).

I've outlaid a huge amount of money on hosting and time on the migration and updates.

This means the revenue received for token purchases has been spent and overall, TokenStash is slightly in the red.

Currently I'm working on a completely automated system that will detect bans and have servers restart themselves. Once this is completed and enough revenue is raised to leave a buffer for the purchase of 20+ Steam accounts/simcards/CS:GO copies, I will be considering lowering the price per token as I had previous mentioned.

Neuro Toxin
23-07-2016, 01:33 PM
i find the the prices fine.

only reason why i have removed all the plugins is i cant do this every 2 days.

fuck you valve you win...

but tokenstash was 100% awesome fast and easy to make new tokens

Hopefully the completion of the completely automated system brings you back! :D