PDA

View Full Version : Removal of timer

Skip
10-08-2015, 06:15 PM
At the moment most long maps are impossible to finish for the average player since the timer is usually cut off at 20mins. I suggest the removal of the timer so nobody is cut short on their run. The two arguments against this are people don't rtv and you can finish them, just get faster. If the majority of the users don't vote to rtv the map shouldn't change, why change the map if the most players don't want it changed and as for the second argument, you need to practice to get better which you can't if your run is cut short every time.

If you don't want to remove the timer altogether at least add an option to extend the map and/or extend the time per map.

Thanks

Neuro Toxin
11-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Hi,

While I empathise with your frustrations, I don't believe removing the timer will resolve them.

Changing the vote system would.

The reason extend map isn't an option is because such a vote doesn't gracefully extend the time left on the current round. It causes another round to start of which players are back at spawn and another x minute round starts.

Rock The Vote I believe without checking) requires 70% of all players to use the rtv command. Which means when rtv occurs a majority of the server players want the map change.

Extend map is possible to work how I want. However I need the time to edit code which for this isn't a priority.

Skip
11-08-2015, 05:10 PM
The last bhop server I played on had no timer and the map was changed by rtv. It worked perfectly fine and I was cut short a lot less of the time than here. I know you have other bigger things to deal with at the moment however maybe you could trial not having a timer and map change can only happen if rtv'd to see if it works or not. Thank you for replying.

Neuro Toxin
11-08-2015, 06:52 PM
I've spent around 50 hours coding the timer upto date of which player counts increased massively after the first implementation.

For this reason alone I wont remove it.

If you want to mention the maps your getting frustrated with due to not having enough time I'll be happy to increase the map time on a case by case basis.

Also note I'm looking into updating code for the extend map option which may come sooner rather than later.

Skip
11-08-2015, 07:29 PM
At the moment the only map I get cut off on is Arcane, usually get cut off near the end of ice world and both lego maps. Another problem with the timer is if I'm trying to do a speed run of a medium or longish map it is difficult because you can only reset so many times because of the timer, It would be awesome if you implemented the expend options when you can. Thanks

Neuro Toxin
11-08-2015, 11:44 PM
The "Don't Change" option in the map vote menu now appears and extends the round timer by 6 minutes.

#include <mapchooser_extended>
#include <sdktools_gamerules>

public Plugin:myinfo =
{
name = "Map Chooser Extended - Extend Round",
author = "Neuro Toxin",
description = "",
version = "0.0.1",
url = ""
}

public int OnMapVoteEnd(const char[] map)
{
if (StrEqual("##dontchange##", map))
{
PrintToChatAll("[SM] \x04Extending Round Timer.");

Handle hTimeStep = FindConVar("mce_extend_timestep");
if (hTimeStep == null)
return;

int iTimeStep = GetConVarInt(hTimeStep);
CloseHandle(hTimeStep);

int iRoundTime = GameRules_GetProp("m_iRoundTime");
GameRules_SetProp("m_iRoundTime", iRoundTime + (iTimeStep * 60), _, _, true);
}
}

Skip
12-08-2015, 07:59 AM
Thank you very much, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will benefit from this.