PDA

View Full Version : Skill Server Suggestions

Lucky
26-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey,
Just a few suggestions mainly due to their being no real Timed Skill Surf server in aus/nz.

Remove 'Auto B-Hop' from the KZ maps.
Add a KZ-Timer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223274) and get it set up for each of the KZ, Bhop and surf maps.
For Surf and B-Hop Set sv_airaccelerate to something a little more realistic. 2000 isn't a normal setting for a skill server. And sv_accelerate is fine at 10.
For KZ sv_airaccelerate 100 and sv_accelerate to 6.5
(This is kinda TG wide) Stop map vote from happening in the middle of the round(15min mark of map).
I had some old sourcemod plugin for my CS:Source server which started a vote in the wait time at the end of the map (when the scoreboard showed). mp_match_restart_delay ## The old plugin looked something like:
I dont know how similar css is to csgo but im sure there could be some way to work around it.
mp_warmuptime 0

Neuro Toxin
27-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Thanks Lucky,

I will address your suggestions and reply as they are completed.

Right now. Time for work

Neuro Toxin
27-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Remove 'Auto B-Hop' from the KZ maps.

I simply disabled the autohop feature (holding space). Velocity acceleration is still applied to normal bhoping.

Add a KZ-Timer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223274) and get it set up for each of the KZ, Bhop and surf maps.

KZ-Timer is incompatible with to many other plugins I run and cant be used. Due to this, a timer is something that will be built into console (which I've been spending most of my spare time on). You can always check out my development guide here (http://forums.aus-tg.com/showthread.php?149-Console-Development-Status-Guide).

For SURF and BHOP Set sv_airaccelerate to something a little more realistic. 2000 isn't a normal setting for a skill server. I would suggest 200 or 400.

Set to 400.

For KZ sv_airaccelerate 100 and sv_accelerate to 6.5

Done

Dan
27-11-2014, 08:03 PM
I simply disabled the autohop feature (holding space). Velocity acceleration is still applied to normal bhoping.

KZ-Timer is incompatible with to many other plugins I run and cant be used. Due to this, a timer is something that will be built into console (which I've been spending most of my spare time on). You can always check out my development guide here (http://forums.aus-tg.com/showthread.php?149-Console-Development-Status-Guide).

Set to 400.

Done

Neuro is god.

Lucky
29-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Updated List

Neuro Toxin
29-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Can you strike out your requests that I have actioned?

Neuro Toxin
30-11-2014, 02:30 PM
mp_warmuptime 0

This is enabled due to a the round restarting when the first person dies.

A warmup time of 30 seconds is to allow three players to join and the match to restart once time is up.

This stops the match restart when the first player dies.

Neuro Toxin
30-11-2014, 02:56 PM
(This is kinda TG wide) Stop map vote from happening in the middle of the round(15min mark of map).
I had some old sourcemod plugin for my CS:Source server which started a vote in the wait time at the end of the map (when the scoreboard showed). mp_match_restart_delay ##
The old plugin looked something like:.

This is a tricky one.

I like to do it mid map as knowing what the next map will be, can hook players to stay on longer.

The vote is based on x minutes of the map time remaining. So I could simply make the vote start 10 or 5 minutes before the end of the map timer.

As for the map vote on match end. The scoreboard gets in the way of the map selection menu. The restart timer would also have to be extended beyond 1 minute to allow for run off votes.

Lucky
01-12-2014, 09:03 PM
This is enabled due to a the round restarting when the first person dies.

A warmup time of 30 seconds is to allow three players to join and the match to restart once time is up.

This stops the match restart when the first player dies.

No probs then.

As for the map vote on match end. The scoreboard gets in the way of the map selection menu. The restart timer would also have to be extended beyond 1 minute to allow for run off votes.

Ah never mind then =D